Ghana had aimed at ending a 35-year wait for the continental title prior to the tournament. But that dream was crashed in the semi-final by Cameroon.
Hitherto nonchalant fans raised their voices to express disappointment with some calling for the head of goalkeeper Razak Brimah, who had cast aspersions at them.
The third-place playoff at the Stade de Port-Gentil on Saturday could not pacify the fans by any measure as the Stars lost through a set-piece just like their previous defeats in the tournament.
Taking to Twitter to also express his disappointment, the Las Palmas midfielder wrote: “Unbelievable how a team, coach, fans and country with such great value can finish an Afcon in that way”. There has not been any response from the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
Kevin-Prince Boateng last played for the Black Stars in 2014 at the Brazil world cup. He was, however, expelled from the team’s camp ahead of the 1-2 loss to Portugal.
Latest from Admin
- AYARIGA READY WITH THE TRUTH
- Petroleum prices go up in Akufo-Addo’s fuel price reduction regime
- Security Operatives locked up for exposing video of tyranny at Flagstaff House
- Education Minister’s order triggers mass police transfers
- Ablakwa writes to bribery allegation committee: INVITE ME OR I’LL SUE